Tuesday 31 July 2007

Editing

26/6
Parmy

Loaded Adobe Premiere Pro today.

Starting reading the help and tutorials. These are ok if you've used Editing Software before or want to brush up on an Adobe Premier feature.

However they fall short of a Getting Started Tutorial.

I surfed the Adobe Site and found no "free" offerings.

So in the end I just played until I got the basics running:

Switch from one video clip to another
Overlay multiple audio tracks

Overlaying the Audio tracks is ok, but I haven't found a way to fade in and fade out audio, or even how to adjust the volume of an audio track during a sequence (scene). There must be a way to do this, as I can't imainge it is so limited that the audio tracks have to be pre-edited before loading into Adobe Prem.

The structure of Adobe appears to be multiple sequences. Each sequence can contain multiple assets which can be loaded into different layers. It is possible to add audio and video affects to the asset within a sequence, however what I want to do is add morphing audio and video effects to layers. I haven't found a way to do this yet. Once this has been achieved then the fun of putting Cold Storage can begin.

Tomorrow I plan to continue to reading the help - however if by Thursday I'm no closer to achieving what I want to, then I'll consider paying $80 for a downloaded video tutorial.

No comments: