Sunday 29 July 2007

First Dig into New Process for Storyboards

23/2/07
I finished the shotlist today and started on the new storyboard scenes in Antics. I went into the Penthouse Set and started by copying the building, which means copying all the rooms using Copy Tree, pasting and moving them. Striaghtfoward but repetitive. I then started work on the "new" Jad - meditating and falling off. I immediately realised that having done this once already really helped. I created 3 or 4 poses much easier and quicker and the effect looks like it will work.

Adhering to the shotlist really helps, and also enables you to do things different if necessary - you always know that you have the original shot to come back to if you need it.

As ever, I found the lack of a search on the content library a bit of a pain as I'm sure searching with Meta tags would help find different things. It's slow to use the dropdowns and then have to click on each item individually to see if it is suitable. Needs improvement.

Today I will record the storyboard and see if the prep has paid off. Then move onto the next set.

Other ways I have found the shotlist useful:
  1. Numbering cameras - 4_1 is scene 4, camera 1
  2. I will also number the avi's output like this, 4_1 will be avi for scene 4, cam 1
  3. Seeing all the scenes that a location is used in and then planning cameras, action, etc, being wary of later movements affecting earlier.
  4. This also helps with thinking about replicating certain rooms to get specific shots with new cameras (like a closeup of the chair). Currently I've kept this all in one room, but it might be useful to do the CU in another room and seprate shot.

No comments: