Thursday 19 July 2007

Change and Release of Energy!

15/2/07
After detailing the process it really made things clear for me. I realised that the position I was in wasn't great and there's an alternative. Within 2 hours I felt much more energised on the project.

I must admit that I really wasn't spending the time I needed to to make it all happen. Secretly I knew I wasn't massively motivated so all those procrastination tricks kicked in. This is part of the learning process but sometimes it's hard to be disciplined when you know you are going to be demotivated as you're not as good as you want to be. A teacher can push you through it. It's harder on your own. So I was gonna do a pour out of feeling to help me through it but it seems documenting the process has done the same.

The major things I am now focusing on:
Finish my rough run through only up to the end of the fridge going over the balcony.

I am using new takes and creating poses for everything (cameras, Jad falling, the Fridge). With the realisation that multiple cuts can remove some of the awkwardness of the animation I am much happier with creating some half decent action knowing I can review, focus and improve. Because of the smaller take size, everything is quicker!

Once I have finished with Miles, I will continue the rest by creating more of a Storyboard using Antics. I will create the basic settings, character poses and camera angles and then just cut together these "stills" rather than trying to link with proper actions. I think this will flow much quicker.

With Multiple avi outputs I can improve much quicker and zap the good stuff (throwing fridge over) to Parmy to show progress.

We have agreed to review a storyboard next week prior to a session to understand the editing suite.

So all of this has released my energy and all of a sudden an April deadline seems reasonable. After watching Guy101 (Bafta animation short winner) I reckon we can knock a few out this year and start progressing towards that film-making goal!

Finally, maybe the thought of collaboration has also energised me. It's been a bit lonely on CS with no feedback and nothing to show.

Time for a change!

No comments: