Wednesday 27 June 2007

Progress Continues

8/1/07
Made some good progress in set construction today. The main piece of work was creating the block of flats. Firstly, I managed to place my main room 4 stories in the air so it can look realistic with trees below.

I then got to work building the block. But first I watched another of Antics great tutorials on creating sets. It showed how to use the floorplan and how to put rooms on upper floors. Basically, copy, paste and use a number in the Z axis field. This made it so much easier and will also help me in some of the other sets I've created where the doors aren't working properly.

So it goes to show that I am learning the software as much as the film-making process. I will continue the build tomorrow and will hopefully move onto dressing the sets and blocking the action for starting positions.

Also been working through "Shot by Shot" which is focusing on the history of sets and storyboards. Watched Bladerunner and immediately realised where Ridley Scott comes from and potentially the sorts of films that appeal to me - ones with lots of production design and interesting lighting! Inspiring. There is also a chapter on how to do very simple storyboards which has inspired me to start drawing more. Plan to get a pencil and draw storyboards whilst I am on hols.

No comments: