Monday 3 September 2007

First Edit

12/4/07
Had our first editing session yesterday. A bit of a slow start hampered by Antics output avi's with sound not loading into Adobe Premiere. But we got into the swing of it and it's pretty handy. We moreorless completed 2 scenes with around 20 shots in total. All without sound. In flow I reckon Parmy could knock out 40 shots in a day. So I reckon we have around 3 days editing max to do. Much nicer compared with the creation of the shots!

Spent this morning exporting the sound avi's without sound and updating the shooting schedule so that it lists the order that I think the shots should be edited with my comments on cut points, alternatives, etc. This should enable Parmy to create a very good cut and minimise any issues I might have.

This leaves any transition effects and of course the sound to do, along with credits (I have written a separate entry on credits).

So all is looking good to pull it together. The big hold up is me and creating the actual animation. I will try to get another batch out in the next few days.

We also checked out the MySpace competition which now has 500 entries! As ever, some good quality, some not. Let's hope we make it.

No comments: