Friday 24 August 2007

Slow Progress

5/4/07
The last week has been pretty tough. It's such slow going that it's painful and I really think we are going to miss the MySpace deadline which will be a real shame, although we may come out with a better movie if we take longer. I guess this is the frustration of all film-makers!

I had a mini review to see if there was any way that I could speed up. There were the obvious time losers (coffee, breaks, finding something else to do) but I've got on top of these and this week has been pretty intense. And still it goes slow.

I added a previous evening review of the scene I was shooting so I was prepared when I started the next day. Really helped and made focus much better. Antics itself isn't really adding much time. OK so outputting avi's and fiddling with the timeline can add a few seconds or minutes, and I'm onto about 3 crashes a day, but regular saving means I'm not doing much backtracking.

Yesterday I worked through Scene 16 and did over 23 scenes. A record. But I'm still behind. The good news is that I think the quality is much higher and the stamping scene looks real, so that is great. I'm going to record my progress in a separate entry and also for future reference so that I know how quick/slow things will be (especially if I consult!!).

So still looking for ideas to speed up. I think as I get quicker I actually spend more time making things better. Good for quality, not for time. We shall see...

No comments: